MIRAMONT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
POLICY AND PROCEDURE MANUAL
|DEPARTMENT: Rights of Patients||SUBJECT: Patient Bill of Rights|
|POLICY AND PROCEDURE: 1800.1||Page 1 of 1|
|REFERENCES: CMS, DHS 94.04|
|EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2021||APPROVED BY: Quality/PI Council/ Governing Board|
Miramont Behavioral Health will create a list of patient rights that meet all state and
To ensure that patient rights are clearly delineated and available to staff and patients so
that patient rights might be protected.
To ensure that patients understand their rights and steps they make take to ensure their rights are protected.
- A Patient Bill of Rights is formulated and provided as Attachment 1800.1A to this
policy and procedure.
- Patient Bill of Rights will be posted throughout the hospital including all patient
- All patients will be provided with a written coy of his or her rights. The guardian of a
patient who is incompetent and the parent of a minor patient shall also be notified if
they are available.
- Notification is not required before admission or treatment in the event of an
- Patient Bill of Rights will be explained to patients in a language and manner in which
they understand, including sign language, as appropriate.