Addiction treatment is a highly specialized program that requires professional addiction experts. At Miramont Behavioral Health, we believe each person requires a unique type of service based on where they are in the recovery process. Services can begin at any point in our continuum of care and are designed to meet each patient’s specific needs. We offer inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs to support each individual on their journey to a healthier, substance-free life.
What is Addiction?
Addiction occurs when an individual consumes alcohol, prescription medication, or other legal and illegal substances in excess and to the point of causing harm. Addiction is a disease that disables a person from quitting regardless of the negative consequences.
Commonly abused substances include:
- Club drugs such as GHB, ketamine, MDMA, and flunitrazepam
- Stimulants such as cocaine and methamphetamine
- Hallucinogens including ayahuasca, LSD, mescaline, PCP, and DMT
- Inhalants including solvents, aerosol sprays, gases, and nitrites
- Opioid pain killers such as heroin, fentanyl, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine
- Sedatives, hypnotics, and anxiolytics (anti-anxiety medications)
- Steroids (anabolic)
- Synthetic cannabinoids
- Tobacco/nicotine products
What are the Symptoms of Addiction?
The symptoms of addiction or substance abuse can vary based on the type of substance. However, generally speaking, symptoms of addiction may include:
- Bloodshot eyes
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in physical appearance (poor complexion, looking tired, ungroomed)
- Difficulty completing tasks at work, school, or home
- Engaging in risky behaviors
- Inability to reduce or control usage
- Issues with money
- Weight loss
Addiction Treatment at Miramont Behavioral Health
For individuals struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol, the professionals at Miramont Behavioral Health can help. We work with patients to achieve sobriety and become healthy, productive members of society. We offer inpatient programs such as chemical detox and acute care. For more information, please contact us. We are available 24/7.